If you operate a renaissance festival in the Midwest and would
like to have your festival digitally documented, please let us know. We
are willing to travel and do extensive still and video photography at
your event. We can even produce edited movies of your faire.
ATF Trivia: Here
is the first renaissance festival photo John-Paul ever took. He didn't
even own a floppy hat back then! This picture was taken on September 20th,
1997 at the Iowa Renaissance Festival and Harvest Faire at the Iowa State
Fairgrounds in Des Moines.
Welcome to the AtTheFaire multimedia library. From this page you will
find links to over
at Midwest renaissance festivals since 1997, as well as a selection
of video clips
from more recent events. Most of the older photos are available as 640x480
JPEG images with a file size of around 60K. Starting in Fall 2000,
camera was put in use and a some photos are available at higher resolution.
Photos starting with 2003 exist in 5 megapixel format, and then sometime after that they got even bigger. I really can't keep track of all the pixels...
Due to space limitations, only 640x480 versions are available online.
If you need a full size version of any pic here, let me know.
Faires we frequent are listed on this page (with links to their official
home page, where available).
NOTE: Because we decided not to go through our photos and
blur faces, we have instead implemented another rule. We ask that each
one of you drink at least two ales before viewing our photos.
That should make them blurry enough. If you are under age or do not imbibe,
we ask that you spin around five times (very quickly) before clicking
the link below.
NOTE 2: The originals to all of the photos taken in
Spring 2002 (except Osceola) were lost in a stupid file copy mistake.
The quality of the existing
images in the gallery for the other 2002 events is somewhat reduced,
but that is all that remains. Sorry about that...
HERE to enter the Photo Gallery!
Official Web Pages
The following links lead to the official web pages for some of the festivals
we have taken pictures at. Festivals without official web pages are
to contact us so we can help get them one. (6/6/07: Thanks to "Violet"
for helping with the links.)
- Bristol Renaissance Faire - Kenosha, WI
- Des Moines Renaissance Faire - Des Moines, IA
- Dubuque Renaissance Faire - Dubuque, IA
- Great Plains Renaissance Festival - Wichita, KS
St. Louis Renaissance Faire - Wentzville, MO
of Slater/Mid-Missouri (2000) - Slater/Sedalia, MO (defunct)
- International May Festival
- Clear Lake, IA (defunct)
- Iowa Renaissance Festival - Des Moines/Amana, IA
- Jubliee - IL (defunct)
- Kansas City Renaissance Festival
- Bonner Springs, KS
- Medieval Fair of Norman - Norman, OK
- Midlands Pirate Festival - Omaha, NE
- Midwest Renaissance Festival - Omaha, NE (defunct)
- Minnesota Renaissance Festival - Shakopee, MN
- Mountain Kingdom Renaissance Festival - Mansfield,
- Nebraska Renaissance
Faire - Ashland/Omaha, NE
- Nishna River Renaissance Faire - Hancock/Avoca,
- Oklahoma Renaissance Faire - Muskogee, OK
- Renaissance Faire of the Midlands
- Council Bluffs, IA (defunct)
- Salisbury Faire - Des Moines, IA (defunct)
Renaissance Festival - Sioux Falls, SD
- Southern Illinois Renaissance Festival - IL (defunct)
Great Lakes Renaissance Faire - Ironwood, MI (defunct)
- Waterloo Renaissance Festival - Waterloo, IA (defunct)
- Wybreg Village Renaissance Festival - Bonaparte,